Sunday, 9 December 2007

Not books

Every night when going to bed I think, tomorrow I'll make some books. And I end up making brooches, necklaces, stationery, foxes and stamps for decorating wrapping paper. Well, today I listed a small part of all the new botanical brooches and necklaces I've finished this week. I will be listing more in near future, too. But for a while, I'll try to focus on making only books.


Yesterday was a nice day to go to the Christmas market. We didn't find anything to buy from there, but I bought a nice little white and brown kamusi linen purse. Kamusi could be translated as your buddy or your friend. Of course I forgot to take a picture while there was still light, but maybe some other day... Instead of purse photos, some festive lighting above the pedestrian street in the city center. (And yes, it's the pedestrian street.) Yesterday was a good but very tiring day.


And Friday... Oh my. It was pouring rain when I did my shipping & shopping and I held on to my umbrella with both hands. I was afraid of being flown to the muddy river Aura, but somehow managed to keep my feet on the ground. (Aura is a plow/plough in Finnish, so there's nothing new agey about Turku quite the contrary.)

Oh, guess what I bought? I bought a gocco printer!! I can't wait for it to arrive from Japan...

6 comments:

Jules Knoblock said...

Hello, I'm liking your blog :) You've got some nice stuff here... congrats on buying a gocco, have fun when it arrives!

Jesse said...

A gocco! Oh.... you're going to have so much fun!

milla said...

hieno valokuva! ;)

=fine picture of the lights!

Ulrika said...

I have been reading your blog for a while after accidentally stumbling upon it drooling over your excellent designs. So much so that i now have gotten a book on bookbinding myself to try it out!
Were did you order your gocco from? I live in Sweden and have been looking for somewhere to get them but to no awail. Would be very greatful if you could give me some directions?
Love/ Ulrika

Kaija said...

Hi Ulrika!

I bought my gocco from a lovely etsy seller alittlegoodness. Check out her shop http://alittlegoodness.etsy.com where she sells gocco printers and supplies. Shipping from Japan is expensive, but really fast. And I think it is worth it.

I'm so happy to hear that I've inspired you to try bookbinding! I'd love to see what you end up making. Bookbinding makes life better :)

Ulrika said...

Thanks for the info! I'll let you know of my exploits in bookbinding land...